Animals can suffer from a range of conditions and accidents that require surgery to fix their ailments. At Ironmines Veterinary Clinic we provide a high level of surgery expertise in our dedicated surgery suite in both soft tissue and orthopaedic (bone and joints).
Some of the typical surgeries that can be performed include:
- Entropian surgery on ingrown eyelids
- Lump removals
- Wound Stitch ups
- Removing stones that form inside urinary bladders
- Removing intestinal foreign bodies
- Removal of cancers
- Emergency exploratory laporotomies
- Cranial Cruciate ligament repair
- Broken bone repair
This list is almost endless. Every animal that undergoes surgery will require a general anaesthetic. Throughout your pets anaesthetic he or she will be monitored by a veterinary nurse using a combination of monitoring equipment. Pain relief is paramount to ensuring that your pet recovers from their surgery as comfortably as possible.